- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
- Directive 2009/136/EC of 25 November 2009 (“The European Union Cookie Directive”)
How we collect information about you
We may collect information about you whenever you interact with us. For example, when you register for our services or otherwise give us any other personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties – but only if you’ve given them permission to share your information.
What information we collect
When you interact with us, we may collect names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers. We may collect some, or all, of this information when you visit our website, depending on how you use it. We monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. However, you can use our website anonymously without giving us any information and we won’t know who you are. If you visit our site anonymously, we may still record information about
- the areas of the website you visit
- the amount of time you spend on the site
- whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine
- the type of computer, browser, network location and internet connection you use.
We do this by using cookies, which you can learn more about in this document.
How we use your information
We will use your information to:
- give you the products, information or services you have requested
- keep you in touch with our work by sending you updates and marketing communications
- send you administration information
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary. Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our best to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website, so any transmission is at the user’s own risk.
Website cookies and how we use them
On the website generally